IPB

[Add Reply] [New Topic]
> The CTO with No Degree
Critter
post Jun 20 2004, 02:38 AM [ Post #1 ]

Christopher Paige

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

I got a temp assignment doing some database work in Excel at an advertising firm. This was not just some little ole advertising firm, but one of the biggest advertising firms.

Now, this guy that I was interfacing with seemed okay, more or less, but he didn't really seem to know anything.

I later found out that that guy was the fahking CTO for this major advertising firm and (from what I was able to learn at the time) he didn't have a degree.

I'm all for some clown BS-ing his way into some high paying job technical job. It is because there are so many idiots trying to BS their way through technical jobs that companies have to hire us as temps and consultants (because the idiots they hired can't do the work).

And, I freely admit that I have zero respect for people who aren't engineers. In my book, any ahole can be a "creative", but it takes work to get an engineering degree.

Well, I'm searching the internet for something and I run across this press release that BS-ing CTO has a new gig and suddenly has a degree that he got in 1983. I swear when I temped at this company last year, that I searched this guy's name and he had no degree.

Consider this, all you people out there coming to New York City with engineering and computer science degrees, if you have a degree and the idiot you are temping for doesn't, what do you think the chances are that that idiot migh offer you a job?

You may find this hard to believe, but I have been in New York City more than 10 years and I have yet to meet anyone in any IT department at any major company in New York City who had a technical degree (in anything).

Go to the top of the page
[Off] [Card] [PM]
Critter
post Jun 20 2004, 06:16 PM [ Post #2 ]

Christopher Paige

Majority Rule

I read somewhere once that Google has a lot of PHDs on it payroll. Well, I'll bet that Google (a company with a lot of technical people on staff) has to be concerned about having this big aasss database based on the "general public's knowledge" when the general public are all fahking idiots.

I think that if you search Google enough, long enough, you can clearly see "holes" in the Google Database because the general public is either not interested in those topics or they are too stupid to even be aware of those topics (yet anyway).

I think the jury has returned with a verdict on the whole Degree Thing.

Back in the 70's and 80's companies were claiming that they didn't have more non-Whites on their staff because non-Whites didn't have degrees. Now, as I speak, in New York City, there are companies that are turning away people with Engineering Degrees from first-rate engineering schools in favor of theater majors because (as that throw-away White Woman said on The Apprentice), engineers and computer scientists are too "textbook".

Now that most of the racist majority (in New York City anyway) doesn't have a technical degree, now having a technical degree is a bad thing because we are all to "textbook". As always in America, it is majority rule.

The Bottom Line. The Bottom line here is clear, if you have a computer science or engineering degree take a job with a consulting firm. First, the "clients" are idiots and they won't appreciate or even know what a engineering degree is for. Second, the "clients" will have to call in consultants to clean up the mess made by the idiots the clients hired.

--------------------
Christopher Paige
http://www.honation.com
Copyright 1996-2004 Relationship LLC

[Off] [Card] [PM]
Critter
post Jun 21 2004, 11:24 AM [ Post #3 ]

Christopher Paige

Corporate research firm FIND/SVP, publishing company Empire Media and TripleHop Technologies, a search technology company, set up the search engine to give business professionals who are frustrated with consumer search engines like Google the results that they want. http://www.crainsny.com

--------------------
Christopher Paige
http://www.honation.com
Copyright 1996-2004 Relationship LLC

[Off] [Card] [PM]
[Add Reply] [New Topic]

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

... Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:09 AM

more nyc temp agencies see:
Temping NYC Temp Agencies
Christopher Paige Temp 247 ™ temporary employment agency New York City NYC Temp agencies Chicago Philadelphia Boston Washington DC
Tempcity ™ Temping NYC ™ temporary employment agency New York City NYC temp agencies Chicago Boston Philadelphia Washington DC
Drama NYC ™ Temp Agency New York City NYC Temp Agencies NY Temporary Employment Agency
BitchLess Blog ™ Temp Agency New York NY Strictly Apartments ™ Extended Stay Hotels Gay Travel
Hot Temp Jobs ™ temporary employment agency New York City NYC Temp Agencies Chicago Philadelphia Washington DC
Employeeless ™ Temping Consulting New York City NYC Temporary Employment Agency Temp Agency
Hot Temp Jobs ™ Strictly Real Estate ™ NYC New York City Apartments
Tempcities ™ NYC temp agencies temporary employment agency New York Philadelphia
The Tempster's Guide to NYC Temp Agencies ™ New York City Temp Agency temporary employment agency agencies
Tempcity Hot Temp Agencies ™ Hot Temp Agency ™
Tempcity Hot Temp Agencies ™ Hot Temp Agency ™
Tempcity USA ™
Honation ™ temping NYC temp agencies temp jobs New York City temp agencies
Tempcity ™ Temp Agency NYC New York City Temp Agencies
TempCity.Net Postcards
All Men Are Temps ™ temp agency New York City NYC Temporary Employment Agencies
Temping NYC ™ NYC Temp Agencies
Mathieu DeLarge Temping NYC ™ NYC Temp Agency New York NY Temp Agencies
Strictly NYC ™ New York City Guide NYC Temp Agencies
Jessie Paige Actor Temp ™ NYC New York City Temp Agencies
Actor Temps ™ NYC New York City Temp Agencies
Strictly On Demand ™ Temping Consulting New York City NYC Temporary Employment Agency Temp Agency
The EmployeeLess Firm ™
Temping NYC ™ NYC Temp Agencies .Net ™
tempcity.com http://www.tempcity.com/nyc-temp-agencies bitchless.com