IPB

[Add Reply] [New Topic]
> On Being Helpful
Peter Everhard
post May 24 2004, 06:42 PM [ Post #1 ]

Advanced Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 25

When I'm working directly for a banker or a lawyer on a temp assignment, I MAY try to be helpful, depending on whether I'm working for some dumb Beauch Lawyer or some Hot Investment Banker. But,

I would NEVER EVER try to be helpful working in a fhaking word processing center.

Cadwalader Wickersham and Taft

I was just in Cadwalader's WP Center and this Woman was actually printing out pages from a web site, scanning the print outs and then running some idiot fhaking "scan clean-up" macro that she came up with so that she could print the text as labels.

TRYING TO BE HELPFUL, I explain to the hairy Supervisor that the Woman could just highlight the text on the web page, copy it and then paste the text into word to create labels.

From what I gather, Cadwalader is still engaged in this around the clock Marathon Temp Printing Session for what seems now to be two weeks at least; a job that seems like it could have been done in considerably less time (with considerably fewer people). But hey, Tempositions is making a lot of money. And isn't it funny that the TEMP the hairy supervisor is dependent on to oversee the job for him, works for Tempositions?

--------------------
Peter Everhard ™
visa/mastercard/americanexpress
http://www.honation.net/forums

Go to the top of the page
[Off] [Card] [PM]
Critter
post Jun 1 2004, 01:09 PM [ Post #2 ]

Christopher Paige

Member No.: 2

yea chile, she got a super duper macro for them labels. a super duper macro.

--------------------
Christopher Paige
http://www.honation.com
Copyright 1996-2004 Relationship LLC

[Off] [Card] [PM]
Critter
post Jun 3 2004, 11:03 AM [ Post #3 ]

Christopher Paige

Member No.: 2

There have been SOME cases where a scan-clean-up macro could have been useful, depending on how old and out of date the scanner was. And there is the question of just using The find and replace feature in Word to do any clean-up.

But the logic of scanning a document is that: the document/page is very large and it would take a lot of time to type it, so scanning it would save some time.

But to scan a print-out of a web page when you could just copy the text is just silly. I would do it that way if I were being paid by the hour as a temp. But the person who was scanning the stuff at Cad and then running this idiot macro was introducing other ERRORS into the text as a result of her "super duper macro".

In cases like this where you can see that there is clearly a problem in a Center, the best course of action is to just sit back and wait a couple of months for them all to be booted out (or outsourced).

Cadwalader is a kick-ass company, the oldest law firm in the country; it deserves better. And I think we can count on them getting better.

--------------------
Christopher Paige
http://www.honation.com
Copyright 1996-2004 Relationship LLC

[Off] [Card] [PM]
Ross Russell
post Jun 4 2004, 02:22 PM [ Post #4 ]

Administrator

Member No.: 1

Cadwalader No Comment

We contacted Cadwalader's WP Center for their side of the above posts and they said they had no comment.

--------------------
Ross Russell
Copyright 1996-2004
Relationship LLC

[Off] [Card] [PM]
[Add Reply] [New Topic]

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

... Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:58 AM

more nyc temp agencies see:
Temping NYC Temp Agencies
Christopher Paige Temp 247 ™ temporary employment agency New York City NYC Temp agencies Chicago Philadelphia Boston Washington DC
Tempcity ™ Temping NYC ™ temporary employment agency New York City NYC temp agencies Chicago Boston Philadelphia Washington DC
Drama NYC ™ Temp Agency New York City NYC Temp Agencies NY Temporary Employment Agency
BitchLess Blog ™ Temp Agency New York NY Strictly Apartments ™ Extended Stay Hotels Gay Travel
Hot Temp Jobs ™ temporary employment agency New York City NYC Temp Agencies Chicago Philadelphia Washington DC
Employeeless ™ Temping Consulting New York City NYC Temporary Employment Agency Temp Agency
Hot Temp Jobs ™ Strictly Real Estate ™ NYC New York City Apartments
Tempcities ™ NYC temp agencies temporary employment agency New York Philadelphia
The Tempster's Guide to NYC Temp Agencies ™ New York City Temp Agency temporary employment agency agencies
Tempcity Hot Temp Agencies ™ Hot Temp Agency ™
Tempcity Hot Temp Agencies ™ Hot Temp Agency ™
Tempcity USA ™
Honation ™ temping NYC temp agencies temp jobs New York City temp agencies
Tempcity ™ Temp Agency NYC New York City Temp Agencies
TempCity.Net Postcards
All Men Are Temps ™ temp agency New York City NYC Temporary Employment Agencies
Temping NYC ™ NYC Temp Agencies
Mathieu DeLarge Temping NYC ™ NYC Temp Agency New York NY Temp Agencies
Strictly NYC ™ New York City Guide NYC Temp Agencies
Jessie Paige Actor Temp ™ NYC New York City Temp Agencies
Actor Temps ™ NYC New York City Temp Agencies
Strictly On Demand ™ Temping Consulting New York City NYC Temporary Employment Agency Temp Agency
The EmployeeLess Firm ™
Temping NYC ™ NYC Temp Agencies .Net ™
tempcity.com http://www.tempcity.com/nyc-temp-agencies bitchless.com