IPB

[Add Reply] [New Topic]
> Dealing with WP Center Idiots, key to success
Ross Russell
post Apr 12 2004, 01:31 AM [ Post #1 ]

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Well, I can't give any good advice on how to deal with WP Center idiots because so far I haven't come up with anything that works. I usually try to work night staff directly with bankers/clients, avoiding the ***king WP Centers altogether. http://www.tempcity.com/dramanyc/index.php?showtopic=795

Ignoring the idiot ***kers in Centers doesn't work because they will continue to talk to you even if you don't answer them. In fact, they may complain about you if you try to ignore them.

this one actress Beauch in this one law firm wp center I worked in, always some how managed to ambush me whenever I entered the word processing center; even though we worked two different shifts. The Beauch had to know that I didn't want to see her idiot ***king face, let alone talk to her. I think that the Beauch actually viewed forcing me to look at her ugly ***king face as a way to harass me.

One day I was walking down the street and out of the corner of my eye, I spotted this Beauch running across traffic heading directly for me. I don't know, maybe the Beauch felt that if she forced me to look at her enough times that I would fall in love with her butt ugly ass.

The Beauch looked like an albino gorilla; gorilla-like facial features with dyed Blond Hair and yellow skin, an honest to God freak show. And this thang is an actress. Is there like a big market for albino gorilla actresses?

The thing with WP Centers is, first of all, the PERM people in them are most likely minority (females and racial) losers who most likely were only hired to fill some quota and to stay out of the way.

And it is the bitter ahole PERMs who are already looking for a fight who are deciding on what temps they want to work with them in the Center. So of course these rejects either pick losers like themselves or they pick temps they are attracted to who they know would never otherwise give them the time of day.

The Second biggest problem with Centers is that the aholes are not working.

I mean the idiot ahole PERMs and the brain dead delusional actor temps would be tolerable if the ***kers were working (and therefore too busy to talk). But there is rarely any work in Centers and there is rarely anyone working in Centers. So, these loser ***kers always have a lot of time on their hands to create all kind of idiot ass drama (most of the actor aholes in Center jump at the chance to assault you with the details of their fantasy acting careers).

You can go into almost any word processing center in the City and what you will likely see is a room full of unattractive females and racial minorities doing nothing, except maybe listening to music on their CD players. And they are likely being paid $60,000+ per year to do nothing.

The Future of Centers

Even if the people working in Centers weren't all abused losers hired to fill minority recruitment quotas, the whole concept of a Word Processing Center should be done away with.

Anytime you isolate a group of people in a company from the rest of the organization you will always end up with some little Bizarro World with its own little special set of perverse rules and protocols.

The follow post is from http://tempingnyc.netfirms.com/centers/messages/18.html in which a poster described how the WP Center at Bear Stearns had changed. This just may be the future of word processing centers in Manhattan.

The company I described, that I'm still working at, is Bear Stearns.

The conditions are the same right now. In fact, they're a bit worse than I initially described. Because there are so few people in the center now, they've widened the parameters of what we have to do. So we're no longer just working on pitchbooks/presentations, we have a rotation where we have to spend 2-weeks at a time working the "front desk", where we have to deal with taking the jobs in from the bankers, estimating them, placing all the jobs in a heirarchy (these jobs can get sent to India, these jobs must be kept in NY, this job is a priority, etc) and dealing with the endless phone calls that stream in from bankers and everyone else, trying to sort out problems. They used to have "clerks" who just did this job, but now everybody in the center is "pitching in".

The "liaison" position has pluses and minuses. The pluses are that you're not stuck in the center, you don't have a dumb manager looking over your shoulder following every time you go out for a cup of coffee, you have more control over the management of your time/work. The minuses are that you could be stuck with a shitty group of bankers, or a few shitty bankers that'll breathe down your neck while you try to make the edits to their job that they need RIGHT AWAY, and if there are any problems you don't have the immediate support of the main center. [If you wanted to go to lunch, you couldn't "turn" the job to another operator, though you can try to pursuade the banker to dump it in the center.]

Also, they came up with this shitty new position called "floating liaison" or "floater" (*hit terminology, how appropriate), where you basically FILL IN for any absent liaisons. The bad part of this is that you have NO control over where you end up. At least with a dedicated liaison position, you can get to know your specific group of bankers and work out a relationship and system of working with them. As a floater, you basically have to put up with all kinds of situations, with a lot of "Well, my *regular* liaison lets me do it *this* way..."

It's a hell of a place to work now.

Sometimes, there are only one or two working operators at the center (because people have to work the front desk and people have to monitor work getting sent to India), so the hammering is just endless...

--------------------
Ross Russell
Copyright 1996-2004
Relationship LLC

Go to the top of the page
[Off] [Card] [PM]
Ross Russell
post Apr 19 2004, 02:32 PM [ Post #2 ]

Administrator

Law Firms are Full of Idiots

The ultimate proof that law is crap is the dumb ***ks working in Law Firms.

I went to a major New York City Law Firm that regularly ranks #1 or #2 in every possible ranking of NYC Law Firms and this top law firm had this dumbass actor doing help desk for the entire firm. I had actually worked with this particular actor temp at another law firm previously and, although he was a relatively nice guy as far a dumbass actors go, he was still an idiot. The guy had just graduated from NYU with a theater degree and he didn't know *hit technical.

I just wondered to myself, with all of the real technical people on the street looking for work with Computer Science and Engineering Degrees and years of technial experience, how the ***k was it possible for this major law firm to decide on a ***king theater major to do help desk for them?

The answer is that law is crap, there is nothing technical about law, it is all clerical and ass kissing. In fact, the biggest shock to the system of all time HAS to be someone who goes to law school and who actually believes that law works the way it is taught in law school.

Everything about law comes down to which side the judge likes and which side the judge doesn't like. When a judge goes with the side that he/she likes he/she will tell the winning side to write up an order deciding the case in their favor for the judge to sign.

in fact, I think one of the biggest problems in litigating pro se is that judges know that if they decide in favor of a pro se person, that they will actually have to do some work in researching and drafting an order. Whereas if the judge decides in favor of the side with a well known lawyer, he/she can feel safe knowing that the well known lawyer will do all of the research and type up an order that will fly and that won't embarass him/her.

Today, any idiot can go to Westlaw of similar database system and do legal research exactly like some lawyer charging $1,500.00. However, once you have been in court more than once, you will see for yourself that law doesn't have *hit to do with the way the courts work.

It is exactly because law is crap that law firms can get away with the idiots working in their word processing centers. The only way that any company could function with the kind of idiots working in WP centers at law firms is if what the idiots are doing doesn't matter. The people working in WP Centers at law firms could never ever get jobs anywhere else doing anything else because they are not qualified to do anything.

One of the most common things to do at law firms is to catalog exhibits in a lawsuit. This work is mostly sent to India now but some of it does go to word processing centers.

When a law firm has some big lawsuit with a lot of documents that need to be catalogued, there is usually a lot of temp agencies looking for temps to work around the clock typing data into Excel to create a database of the documents.

Now get this, 99.9% of the idiots working in law firms don't know Microsoft Excel. And,

When this document coding/document databasing DOES go to the word processing center, the idiot ***kers in them have no ***king clue what they are doing. The idiots in centers will do what they have been told and how they are told, but they have zero understanding of what the over all objective is.

I was on a document databasing project and I went in after the project had already started and was underway. When I started working on the project, it became clear that while the aholes were managing to type *hit into Excel, there was no way to relate what was in Excel back to the piles of documents. For example, some ahole would type in "email of 1/1/04 from Joe Clue" into the database in Excel, but they were NOT typing in any refrence as to where the Email was in the piles and piles of documents (i.e. they were not typing in the bates number or the box number or any other reference to where the document could be found).

Now, as I understand it, the whole point of creating a database of Exhibits was so that it would be easy to search and find documents. When I pointed out to the idiot doing the data entry her error, the Beauch complained to the supervisor about me. After I worked one night on this project, I got another assignment and left. But some days later my temp agency called me urgently asking me of I could go back and work on the project, because that one night of work that I did was the only useable work out of about two weeks of idiots typing *hit they didn't understand into Excel.

--------------------
Ross Russell
Copyright 1996-2004
Relationship LLC

[Off] [Card] [PM]
Ross Russell
post Apr 24 2004, 04:36 AM [ Post #3 ]

Administrator

At another famous law firm in the city, after weeks and weeks of temps working around the clock to type data into Excel, some brain dead PERM Beauch then sorted the data incorrectly (because she didn't understand Excel, when she sorted the data she didn't include all of the necessary columns).

So, all of the data entry had to be done all over again.

--------------------
Ross Russell
Copyright 1996-2004
Relationship LLC

[Off] [Card] [PM]
[Add Reply] [New Topic]

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

... Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:50 AM

more nyc temp agencies see:
Temping NYC Temp Agencies
Christopher Paige Temp 247 ™ temporary employment agency New York City NYC Temp agencies Chicago Philadelphia Boston Washington DC
Tempcity ™ Temping NYC ™ temporary employment agency New York City NYC temp agencies Chicago Boston Philadelphia Washington DC
Drama NYC ™ Temp Agency New York City NYC Temp Agencies NY Temporary Employment Agency
BitchLess Blog ™ Temp Agency New York NY Strictly Apartments ™ Extended Stay Hotels Gay Travel
Hot Temp Jobs ™ temporary employment agency New York City NYC Temp Agencies Chicago Philadelphia Washington DC
Employeeless ™ Temping Consulting New York City NYC Temporary Employment Agency Temp Agency
Hot Temp Jobs ™ Strictly Real Estate ™ NYC New York City Apartments
Tempcities ™ NYC temp agencies temporary employment agency New York Philadelphia
The Tempster's Guide to NYC Temp Agencies ™ New York City Temp Agency temporary employment agency agencies
Tempcity Hot Temp Agencies ™ Hot Temp Agency ™
Tempcity Hot Temp Agencies ™ Hot Temp Agency ™
Tempcity USA ™
Honation ™ temping NYC temp agencies temp jobs New York City temp agencies
Tempcity ™ Temp Agency NYC New York City Temp Agencies
TempCity.Net Postcards
All Men Are Temps ™ temp agency New York City NYC Temporary Employment Agencies
Temping NYC ™ NYC Temp Agencies
Mathieu DeLarge Temping NYC ™ NYC Temp Agency New York NY Temp Agencies
Strictly NYC ™ New York City Guide NYC Temp Agencies
Jessie Paige Actor Temp ™ NYC New York City Temp Agencies
Actor Temps ™ NYC New York City Temp Agencies
Strictly On Demand ™ Temping Consulting New York City NYC Temporary Employment Agency Temp Agency
The EmployeeLess Firm ™
Temping NYC ™ NYC Temp Agencies .Net ™
tempcity.com http://www.tempcity.com/nyc-temp-agencies bitchless.com