[Add Reply] [New Topic]
> Me and my Tablet PC, Stylistic 1200
Critter
post Feb 7 2004, 05:50 AM [ Post #1 ]

Christopher Paige

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

EBAY

In what seemed like a major waste of money, I bought about three tablet PCs a couple of years ago. More correctly, I bought about three working Fujitsu Stylistic 1200 Tablet PCs and about two working motherboards of the same tablet pc and one housing case for the same tablet and then I bought:

( a ) three Fujitsu Point 510 tablet PCs;
( b ) four or five IBM 730T/TE table PCs; and about
( c ) two, three or four (I forget) IBM laptops that change into Tablet PCs.

The thing is that my Stylistic 1200 Tablets have proven to be very handy because my old desktop PC has a small hard drive and it is getting full up with stuff (I have several thousand hard drives, so I could replace the hard drive in my desktop with a bigger one but I have not gotten around to that yet).

I can do most of my work on my Stylistic 1200, in fact I do do most of my work on it, the only problem with the machine is that I cracked the color display about two hours after I bought it, so I have the tablet hooked-up to a desktop monitor (I have a replacement display but I have not gotten around to replacing the cracked display with the good display; I could also just take the hard drive in the cracked display machine out and put it into one of the other Stylistic 1200s that don't have cracked displays but I havent' gotten around to that yet either).

So, I'm working on my Tablet PC because my tablet is connected to my scanner and I want to take a file from the tablet PC to my desktop machine. I COULD do anyone of the following:

( a ) I actually have a floppy disk drive for the tablet somewhere and I could connect the floppy drive, put in a floppy and copy the file to my desktop that way;
( b ) The tablet has two PCMCIA ports on it and I have a device that I can connect to one of the PCMCIA ports and network the tablet to my desktop and transfer files that way;
( c ) I have God only knows how many PCMCIA hard drives (i.e. hard drives that have pcmcia cables and plugs) and I have two PCMCIA hard drive enclosures (the enclosures allow me to put in any laptop hard drive and then connect the hard drive to any one of my computers that have PCMCIA ports; all of my computers have pcmcia ports);

You are now getting a glimpse into how my mind works and why very little actually ends up getting down in my apartment. Instead of doing any of the above, I connect to the internet with my tablet pc, transfer the file to one of my websites, I then connect to the internet with my desktop PC and download the file from the website. More or less, I have gone around the world to transfer a file from one PC on my desk to another.

Fujitsu Stylistic 1200

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
Christopher Paige
http://www.honation.com
Copyright 1996-2004 Relationship LLC

Go to the top of the page
[Off] [Card] [PM]
Critter
post Feb 7 2004, 10:13 AM [ Post #2 ]

Christopher Paige

Member No.: 2

AND THE POINT IS

I see now that I never even mentioned the point that was the reason I created this topic.

MY POINT is

The Tablet PC that I use has this penservices software on it that allows the PC to work with a Pen (because it is a Tablet PC that operates by a Pen).

But,

As I said above, I don't use the pen because I cracked the display and I have this Table PC connected to a desktop monitor; I have a mouse and a keyboard connected to the Tablet PC as well.

AND THE POINT IS, that the pensevices software is very neat and handy even when you don't use a PEN because you can run the computer with the mouse.

With the penservices software load on a computer, whenever you get to a item that requires imput, there is like a little (A) next to it that you can click on to use the mouse to "type" input using a keyboard that displays on screen.

With a mouse connected to a PC that has penservices on it, you don't need a keyboard, you can run the PC from your mouse.

Point 510
This lawyer at this law firm I was working for told me about this big buzz a couple of years ago among people buying the Fujitsu Point 510 Tablet PC from a big sell off that Nabisco was having. At the begining of this "buzz", these machines were going for like $65 - $75 and this lawyer who told me about it only bought one of them. I bought THREE of them.

The Point 510 has a bigger screen than the Fujitsu 1200, but the Point 510 has a slower processor. There is another Tablet PC called the Point 1600 that has a pentium processor like the Fujitsu 1200.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
Christopher Paige
http://www.honation.com
Copyright 1996-2004 Relationship LLC

[Off] [Card] [PM]
Ross Russell
post Mar 30 2004, 06:19 AM [ Post #3 ]

Administrator

Member No.: 1

Stylistic 3400

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
Ross Russell
Copyright 1996-2004
Relationship LLC

[Off] [Card] [PM]
Ross Russell
post Mar 30 2004, 06:24 AM [ Post #4 ]

Administrator

Member No.: 1

Stylistic 3400 up close

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
Ross Russell
Copyright 1996-2004
Relationship LLC

[Off] [Card] [PM]
[Fast Reply] [Add Reply] [New Topic]

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

... Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:42 AM

more nyc temp agencies see:
Temping NYC Temp Agencies
Christopher Paige Temp 247 ™ temporary employment agency New York City NYC Temp agencies Chicago Philadelphia Boston Washington DC
Tempcity ™ Temping NYC ™ temporary employment agency New York City NYC temp agencies Chicago Boston Philadelphia Washington DC
Drama NYC ™ Temp Agency New York City NYC Temp Agencies NY Temporary Employment Agency
BitchLess Blog ™ Temp Agency New York NY Strictly Apartments ™ Extended Stay Hotels Gay Travel
Hot Temp Jobs ™ temporary employment agency New York City NYC Temp Agencies Chicago Philadelphia Washington DC
Employeeless ™ Temping Consulting New York City NYC Temporary Employment Agency Temp Agency
Hot Temp Jobs ™ Strictly Real Estate ™ NYC New York City Apartments
Tempcities ™ NYC temp agencies temporary employment agency New York Philadelphia
The Tempster's Guide to NYC Temp Agencies ™ New York City Temp Agency temporary employment agency agencies
Tempcity Hot Temp Agencies ™ Hot Temp Agency ™
Tempcity Hot Temp Agencies ™ Hot Temp Agency ™
Tempcity USA ™
Honation ™ temping NYC temp agencies temp jobs New York City temp agencies
Tempcity ™ Temp Agency NYC New York City Temp Agencies
TempCity.Net Postcards
All Men Are Temps ™ temp agency New York City NYC Temporary Employment Agencies
Temping NYC ™ NYC Temp Agencies
Mathieu DeLarge Temping NYC ™ NYC Temp Agency New York NY Temp Agencies
Strictly NYC ™ New York City Guide NYC Temp Agencies
Jessie Paige Actor Temp ™ NYC New York City Temp Agencies
Actor Temps ™ NYC New York City Temp Agencies
Strictly On Demand ™ Temping Consulting New York City NYC Temporary Employment Agency Temp Agency
The EmployeeLess Firm ™
Temping NYC ™ NYC Temp Agencies .Net ™
tempcity.com http://www.tempcity.com/nyc-temp-agencies bitchless.com